How to Apply
1. Apply to Baylor University
- Prospective University Scholars must first apply to Baylor through the goBAYLOR application. For information about applying to Baylor University, please visit Baylor Admissions.
- Be sure to select interest in the Honors College (under Academic Plans) if you wish to receive more information about the programs/majors before applying to the Honors Program.
- See application deadlines.
2. Apply to University Scholars
- After applying to Baylor University, prospective students may apply to University Scholars through the Honors College application in their goBAYLOR account. All University Scholars Students are automatically enrolled in the Honors Program. If you applied through the Common App or Apply Texas, you must create a goBaylor account to locate the Honors College application. Students will receive an email with steps on how to activate their goBAYLOR account about 48 hours after submitting their application via the Common App or ApplyTX. Applications for the Honors College open annually on August 1.
- For instructions on how to apply to University Scholars if you are already enrolled at Baylor, please see UNSC Application for Current Baylor Students.
3. Notification Process
- Applicants who apply through the goBAYLOR portal by the above dates, will receive notification on a rolling basis. Students usually receive a decision within one month from the time the University Scholars office receives their application and prior to the May 1 college notification deadline.
4. Confirm with University Scholars
- After receiving an acceptance from the University Scholars program, students must confirm (or decline) University Scholars (UNSC) as your major by logging into goBAYLOR. We recommend you confirm UNSC as your major as soon as possible so the UNSC office is aware and can prepare you for the next steps.
- By confirming UNSC, you are indicating that you intend to enroll as a University Scholars major. You do not need to submit your deposit in order to confirm UNSC, and your UNSC confirmation is non-binding. If you have already confirmed your acceptance, your major will be changed to University Scholars. Your major will not be changed until you confirm.
The following are criteria for admission into the University Scholars program and will need to be included in the goBAYLOR application:
- Responses to the essay questions on the Honors College application
- Class rank and GPA
- SAT/ACT/CLT scores are optional and may be considered, if available
National Merit Finalists
Upon review by the UNSC directors, National Merit Finalists receive automatic acceptance. However, National Merit Finalists should still submit answers to the four essay questions and identify their academic areas of interest in order to provide an applicant profile.